Entry-Level/EIT-Level Structural Engineer
Responsibilities/Project Types/Experience Required
· Designing structural systems for a variety of project types, including manufacturing, distribution, data center, commercial, self-storage, churches, historical, public sector, retail, adaptive reuse, and renovations, and existing facility analysis.
· Interacting with structural engineers and Revit/Cad Designers, attending client, architect, and contractor meetings with the project structural engineer, and reviewing structural documentation.
· Preparing construction drawings in Revit/AutoCAD format, preparing calculations as directed by the project structural engineer, reviewing shop drawings and submittals, performing site reviews with the project structural engineer, and preparing RFI responses.
· Coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations and Bennett & Pless quality levels.
· Experience should include wood, steel, load-bearing light gage steel, concrete, and masonry design in low to mid-rise structures and shallow and deep foundation systems.
· 0 to 5 years’ minimum experience in structural design.
· Must be a self-starter and always willing to listen, learn and improve.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Master’s degree a plus.
· Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions and apply to the project.
· Experience in Revit.
· Experience in AutoCAD.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
· Experience with industry standard software, including but not limited to Microsoft products, Bentley (RAM) products, RISA, EnerCalc, Adapt, etc.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required.