Job Location: Boca Raton, FL
Overview:Bennett & Pless is currently looking for a qualified engineer to assist in the design of varied structures across multiple sectors including, but not limited to, commercial, wireless, and industrial. We are a high-performance firm and we are continually seeking self-motivated, client-focused team members suited to our unique culture.
· Designing structural systems for a variety of project types, including wireless, manufacturing, distribution, commercial, self-storage, churches, historical, and renovations and existing facility analysis.
· Perform structural analysis of various structure types in modeling programs.
· Preparation and processing of structural documents/studies for review by senior engineer per QA/QC guidelines.
· Experience should include wood, steel and concrete design in low to mid-rise structures, or other specialty structures. Shallow and deep foundation system design experience.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
· Coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations and structural group’s quality levels.
· Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions and apply to the project.
· Ability to produce drawings for AutoCAD personnel or self-perform as required.
· Review shop drawings for compliance with structural drawings.
· Experience in tower structural engineering using tnxTower.
· Experience with industry standard software, including but not limited to Microsoft products, RISA, Bentley (RAM) products, EnerCalc, etc.
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MathCAD, or other programming experience.
· Strong communication skills are required.
· Experience in AutoCAD. This position will require you to create drawings with input from other engineers.
· Experience in Revit a plus.
· Seismic experience a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Working in a combination of field and office environments. Job may involve limited travel to sites and meeting places for obtaining information for projects.
· Minimum four-year degree, preferably in civil/structural engineering.
· Recent graduate or up to 5 years of experience in civil or structural engineering fields.
· Previous experience with structural modeling software.
· Experience in wireless structural tower modifications preferred.
· Demonstrated mastery in multi-tasking.
· Effective in an entrepreneurial culture, working independently and as part of a team.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision. Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as presented.
Salary is competitive. Great benefits/401k!