Responsibilities/Project Types/Experience Required
· Designing structural systems for a variety of project types, including manufacturing, distribution, data center, commercial, self-storage, churches, historical, public sector, retail, adaptive reuse, and renovations, and existing facility analysis.
· Interacting with clients, attending client, architect and contractor meetings, reviewing structural documentation, managing and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
· Preparing construction drawings, reviewing shop drawings and submittals, performing site reviews and preparing RFI responses.
· Coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations and Bennett & Pless quality levels.
· Experience should include wood, steel, load-bearing light gage steel, concrete, and masonry design in low to mid-rise structures.
· Shallow and deep foundation system design experience required.
· Post-tensioned concrete design experience a plus.
· 7 to 15 years’ minimum experience in structural engineering.
· Must be a self-starter and always willing to listen, learn and improve.
· Professional license is required.
· Seismic experience required.
· Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions and apply to the project.
· Experience in AutoCAD.
· Experience in Revit.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
· Experience with industry standard software, including but not limited to Microsoft products, Bentley (RAM) products, RISA, EnerCalc, Adapt, etc.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
· Project management experience/ability is a plus.