Overview: Bennett & Pless is currently looking for a qualified engineer to assist in the design of varied structures across multiple sectors including, but not limited to, commercial, public and industrial. We are a high-performance firm and we are continually seeking self-motivated, client-focused team members suited to our unique culture.
· Designing structural systems for a variety of project types, including muti-level office, distribution, commercial, self-storage, adaptive re-use, and renovations and existing facility analysis.
· Perform structural analysis of various structure types in modeling programs.
· Preparation and processing of structural documents/studies for review by senior engineer per QA/QC guidelines.
· Experience should include steel and concrete design in low to mid-rise structures, or other specialty structures. Shallow and deep foundation system design experience.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines, and bring each to completion.
· Coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations and structural group’s quality levels.
· Ability to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions and apply to the project.
· Ability to produce drawings for Revit designer personnel or self-perform as required.
· Review shop drawings for compliance with structural drawings.
· Experience with industry standard software, including but not limited to Microsoft products, RISA, Bentley (RAM) products, EnerCalc, etc.
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MathCAD, or other programming experience.
· Strong communication skills are required.
· Revit experience a plus.
· Post-tension concrete experience a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Working in a combination of field and office environments. Job may involve limited travel to sites and meeting places for obtaining information for projects.
· Minimum four-year degree in civil/structural engineering.
· 2 to 7 years of experience in structural engineering fields.
· Previous experience with structural modeling software.
· Demonstrated mastery in multi-tasking.
· Effective in an entrepreneurial culture, working independently and as part of a team.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision. Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as presented.